CM Biomass Partners was founded in 2009 as a response to the European Union’s increased demand for sustainable green energy solutions and the EU RED 2020 targets. Since the beginning, the company has benefitted from the close connection to the CM group with its many years of experience within commodity trading, shipping, warehousing and wood pellet bagging. In the meantime, helping suppliers meet sustainability requirements has also become an important and fast-growing task.

A SIGNIFICANT TRADER

We work with a variety of clients, from very large producers and utilities to smaller regional producers and distributors, thus trading industrial as well as premium grade pellets. Today, we trade more than 2,000,000 MT wood pellets per year, which makes us one of the largest independent wood pellet trading companies in the world. In addition, we have recently increased trading of other biomass including sunflower husk pellets, peanut hull pellets and olive cake pellets.

BIG SPECIALIZED BIOMASS TEAM

Today, CM Biomass Partners employs around 40 dedicated professionals in Russia, Latvia, Denmark, Sweden, Germany, UK, Holland, Italy and USA. For related services including Chartering and Finance, CM Biomass draws on relevant teams in the CM group.

TURNKEY SOLUTIONS

CM Biomass Partners shares the CM group philosophy of seeking to provide its customers with turnkey solutions to minimize risks for all parties involved. To secure competitive and flexible solutions, we implement multimodal logistic solutions including vessels, barges, railways, containers and trucks in bulk, bigbags or small bags.
The seasonal nature of the market implies a need for an active role in logistics and warehousing as producers need offtake every month of the year, whereas many buyers only need products during the heating season.

WAREHOUSES

To balance supply and demand of different quality grades CM Biomass has warehouses from origination to destination.

  1. Petersburg, Russia
  2. Novorossiysk, Russia
  3. Riga, Latvia
  4. Liepaja, Latvia (CM Group terminal)
  5. Gdansk, Poland (CM Group terminal)
  6. Aarhus, Denmark (CM Group terminal)
  7. Grenaa, Denmark (CM Group terminal)
  8. Aalborg, Denmark (CM Group terminal)
  9. Kalundborg, Denmark (CM Group terminal)
  10. Fredericia, Denmark (CM Group terminal)
  11. Middelfart, Denmark
  12. Ødis, Denmark
  13. Ystad, Sweden (CM Group terminal)
  14. Falkenberg, Sweden
  15. Norrsundet, Sweden
  16. Oxelösund, Sweden
  17. Kaskinen, Finland
  18. Oulu, Finland
  19. Muuga, Estonia
  20. Worms, Germany
  21. Breisach, Germany
  22. Eiselfing, Germany
  23. Flixborough/Grove Port, UK
  24. Grangemouth, UK
  25. Ipswich/Ingham, UK
  26. Bristol/Avonmouth, UK
  27. New Holland, UK
  28. Plymouth, UK
  29. Flushing, Holland
  30. Moerdijk, Holland
  31. Waspik, Holland
  32. Ghent, Belgium
  33. Liege, Belgium
  34. Rouen, France
  35. Arquata, Italy
  36. Bari, Italy
  37. Genoa, Italy
  38. Carentino, Italy
  39. Catania, Italy
  40. Savona, Italy
  41. Savannah, US
  42. Houston, US
  43. Halifax, Canada

OWNERSHIP

In 2021 United Shipping & Trading Company acquired a majority stake in CM Biomass which consolidates USTC as a global force within the shipping and trading industry. USTC owns 60% of CM Biomass. The remaining 40% is held by the founding-family and key senior executives in CM Biomass.
CM Biomass forms a separate entity in the USTC worldwide portfolio of activities that include oil & energy, shipping & logistics, ship owning, risk management, and IT.
USTC was founded in Fredericia, Denmark, in 1876. Today, the family-owned group consists of well-known companies like Bunker Holding, SDK FREJA, Uni-Tankers, Selected Car Group and Unit IT covering approximately 130 offices and occupying around 3,500 employees combined worldwide. www.ustc.dk

MEET THE TEAM  

WWW.CMBIOMASS.COM